Monday, November 28, 2011

Poems I like alot












‎'Twas the Night Before Christmas" (For Bereaved Parents)'Twas the month befor...e Christmas and I dreaded the days,That I knew I was facing - the holiday craze.The stores were all filled with holiday lights,In hopes of drawing customers by day and by night.As others were making their holiday plans,My heart was breaking - I couldn't understand.I had lost my dear child a few years before,And I knew what my holiday had in store.When out of nowhere, there arose such a sound,I sprang to my feet and was looking around,Away to the window I flew like a flash,Tore open the shutters and threw up the sashThe sight that I saw took my breath away,And my tears turned to smiles in the light of the day.When what to my wondering eyes should appear,But a cluster of butterflies fluttering near.With beauty and grace they performed a dance,I knew in a moment this wasn't by chance.The hope that they gave me was a sign from above,That my child was still near me and that I was loved.The message they brought was my holiday gift,And I cried when I saw them in spite of myself.As I knelt closer to get a better view,One allowed me to pet it - as if it knew -That I needed the touch of its fragile wings,To help me get through the holiday scene.In the days that followed I carried the thought,Of the message the butterflies left in my heart -That no matter what happens or what days lie ahead,Our children are with us - they're not really dead.Yes, the message of the butterflies still rings in my ears,A message of hope - a message so dear.And I imagined they sang as they flew out of sight,"To all bereaved parents - We love you goodnight!"-By Faye McCord - TCF, Jackson, MS



I am wearing a pair of shoes.They are ugly shoes.Uncomfortable shoes.I hate my shoes.Each day I wear them, and each day I wish I had another pair.Some days my shoes hurt so bad that I do not think I can take another step.Yet, I continue to wear them.I get funny looks wearing these shoes.They are looks of sympathy.I can tell in others eyes that they are glad they are my shoes and not theirs.They never talk about my shoes.To learn how awful my shoes are might make them uncomfortable.To truly understand these shoes you must walk in them.But, once you put them on, you can never take them off.I now realize that I am not the only one who wears these shoes.There are many pairs in this world.Some women are like me and ache daily as they try and walk in them.Some have learned how to walk in them so they don’t hurt quite as much.Some have worn the shoes so long that days will go by before they think about how much they hurt.No woman deserves to wear these shoes.Yet, because of these shoes I am a stronger woman.These shoes have given me the strength to face anything.They have made me who I am.I will forever walk in the shoes of a woman who has lost a child.Author unknown




Just Those Few WeeksFor just those few weeksI had you to myself.And that seems too short a timeto be changed so profoundly.In those few weeks,I came to know you...and to love you.You came to trust me with your life.Oh what a life I had planned for you!Just those few weeks...when I lost you,I lost a lifetime of hopes,plans, dreams and aspirations.A slice of my future simply vanished overnight.Just those few weeks...It wasn't enough time to convince othershow special and important you were.How odd, a truly unique person has recently diedand no one is mourning the passing.Just a mere few weeks.And no "normal" person would cry all nightOver a tiny unfinished baby,or get depressed and withdraw day after endless day.No one would, so why am I??You were just those few weeks, my little one.You darted in and out of my life too quickly.But it seems that's all the time you neededto make my life richerand to give me a small glimpse of eternity.~S. Erling-->
Only some poems came from link below.
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=165487782116#!/Teen.Parents.of.Angels?sk=info










No comments:

Post a Comment